A Storage Engineer will be expected to deal with escalations from the Dev/Test/PM teams within the Windows Phone Org. They will take escalations from the other SAN Engineers and troubleshoot complex issues, project manage implementations and architectures. There is a requirement for a great deal of communication in this role with our customers. Other regular functions include performance analysis, customer implementation, architecture and design.
Key duties include:
Design future environments using requirements gained from stakeholders and deploy said environments.
Monitor and maintain storage infrastructures for all customers, and work with vendors to resolve hardware / software issues of all SAN infrastructures.
Troubleshoot complex SAN infrastructure issues and work with customers to effectively resolve them
Provide point of escalation to SAN Engineers
Produce effective performance analysis at both the customer and array levels
Assist in the pre and post-sales design of complex storage solutions, implementations and support to both the team and our internal customers.
Participate in customer implementation meetings
Plan, implement, and support storage deployments.
Provide off-hours on-call support as needed.
Review, plan and participate in executing regularly scheduled maintenance on the storage infrastructure
– Five years’ experience in managing enterprise level storage solutions
– Five years’ administration and configuration experience on enterprise class storage arrays including EMC, Xiotech, 3Par, NetApp
– Advance configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting experience of enterprise level Fiber Channel fabrics
– Experience with monitoring technologies for fabrics, servers and storage
– Previous administration experience with Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Cluster software is a plus.
– Advanced server operating systems knowledge (Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2).
– Advanced network administration skills (Fiber Channel, TCP/IP).
– Advanced technical knowledge in storage architecture, methodologies, design, and implementation.
– Advanced working knowledge of SAN storage arrays, specifically EMC, Xiotech, 3Par, NetApp.
– Advanced working knowledge of all storage methodologies including DAS, NAS, and SAN technologies.
– Advanced knowledge of Storage Networking technologies including, but not limited to fiber channel, iSCSI, FCOE
– Advanced knowledge and understanding of troubleshooting, testing, and performance tuning in storage platforms
– Certifications: Any EMC / Brocade, MCSE, CCNA, MCP, RHCT, RHC a plus
– Experienced working within a customer service environment
– Results orientated with the capability of working under pressure in a fast passed environment and the ability to prioritize tasks
– Demonstrate leadership in attitude and demeanor to peer group
– Possess the ability to identify areas needing improvement and correct process accordingly
– Ability and desire to work within a team driven environment and be responsible enough to work unsupervised
– Will have the desire to promote themselves and their team within the organization through working proactively with other departments to improve work processes and build relationships
– Strong verbal and written communications skills
– A strong understanding of business issues as they impact overall project plans
– Able to handle multiple high and low level projects simultaneously and deliver on-time and in-scope with a real focus on results.
– Well-developed interpersonal skills
– Able to own and resolve problems in a timely manner
© Divensi 2017