The Network and Computer Systems Administrator provides operational support to all the software, applications and web-sites involved with Divensi’s computer and network services. It involves deploying latest codes, security patches and ensuring the 24 X 7 availability of web-sites related to the services. The Network and Computer Systems Administrator develops and tests Disaster Recovery plan to provide uninterrupted services to business in case of natural disaster or data center outage. A replica of all databases is also provided to internal Divensi partners for the purpose of generating reports and data mining.
Job Duties for Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Provide Database Backup and recovery operations
- Administer SQL database Replication
- T-SQL and Stored Procedure creation
- Manage DB related file system
- Set up and manage Windows O/S
- Install and manage Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server clustering
- Implement SQL database Mirroring and Log Shipping
- 24×7 Production support
- Troubleshooting production Performance Issues
- Perform Index and Query Tuning
As a Network and Computer Systems Administrator, you will administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the client/server database. Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves client/server database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues as well as performs in-depth analysis. He/she works in teams consisting of systems engineers and Network and Computer Systems Administrator’ assigned to specific Web properties, and product managers and developers for specific applications. You will ary use monitoring information to develop troubleshooting guides, and as administrators, they may also perform other troubleshooting activities on a server. He/she also provides technical and operational help desk support specifically for the Divensi Web Operations team in support of Divensi.com.
As a Network and Computer Systems Administrator, you will coordinate changes to computer databases, test and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. Plans, coordinates, and implements security measures to safeguard computer databases. You will also perform troubleshooting for applications and systems and provides senior level technical support for Divensi project activities directly related to the Divensi web infrastructure, including IIS servers and associated hosted applications. You will maintain infrastructure configuration standards. He/she also provides troubleshooting support for services requests created by hardware monitoring and software related utilities such as server and network management tools.
Key Company Responsibilities:
As Network and Computer Systems Administrator, You are responsible for the following:
- Coordinate with the Divensi web team on re-occurring tasks including, but not limited to: Divensi site monitoring, troubleshooting and capacity management.
- Provide technical knowledge and systems planning support to meet agreed upon availability and uptime requirements.
- Reasonably assist the Divensi team in its coordinating and resolution of complex systems issues.
- Evaluates application software packages and provides recommendations to management.
- Drives simultaneous projects to completion, in time and to budget, assuming responsibility for not only the quality of these projects but also the ongoing support of clients’ infrastructures.
- Participates as a team member in the implementation and support of systems in the production environment.
- Works independently to solve moderate to highly complex support problems.
- Responsible for development and maintaining information for knowledge base and also analyzes and evaluates computer systems and execute performance analysis.
- Design, specify, install and document LAN and WAN configurations.
- Create, implement and administer data back-up regimes.
- Develop project schedules, whilst tracking ongoing project progress.
- Advise clients on system application architectures and best practices.
- Build close, professional relationships with your external support clients and internal team members.
- Also work closely with Divensi Support to take responsibility for troubleshooting support issues.
- Consult with other teams to identify, analyze and solve technology needs and problems.
Minimum Requirements for this position:
- A BS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent is required.
- 2-5 years of experience supporting end-user computing.
- Ability to independently identify, research, prioritizes and troubleshoots desktop issues.
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems, and experience with a wide range of applications and software.
- Experience providing support in a technological environment, along with a detailed knowledge of Microsoft applications, operating systems, Exchange Server administration, design and configuration and Active Directory design and implementation.
- The Network and Computer Systems Administrator must have experience with Windows O/S environment along with IIS and SQL.