Infection Control/ Prevention Coordinator
Infection Control/ Prevention Coordinator RN – Norwegian Hospital, Chicago, IL
• Start Date: 7/16
• Guaranteed Hours Per Week: 40
• Primary Location: Norwegian American Hospital, Chicago, IL
• Shift Requirements: 8:30am-5pm, M-F
• Float Requirements: N/A
• On Call/Call Back Requirements: N/A
• Required Certifications to be Attached upon Submittal: BLS, IL License, Certification for Infection Control (CBIC)
• Minimum Experience: 2 years
• Charting Experience: Meditech required
• Unit Specific Skillset:
• Direct patient care
• Could use Med Surg RN with background in public health or epidemiologist as long as certified and trained in infection control
• May need to assess patients. Generally evaluating based on assessments that have already been done. Will analyze and validate and enter and transmit infection control data to national organizations.
• The Infection Control/Prevention Role is responsible for the coordination and implementation of the multiple facets of the Infection Control Program.
• Provides high level patient care by reducing the risk of nosocomial infections through consistent day to day patient and environmental surveillance coupled with education.
• Identifies, investigates, and records data concerning nosocomial infections, those present on admission and potential infections and initiates infection control measures as directed by national protocols and regulatory bodies, Vice President of Quality and Infection Control Committee.
• Directs the program utilizing the standards set forth by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN), CMS accrediting organizations, the Illinois Department of Public Health, and the Federal Government to ensure quality patient care.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates Infection Prevention goals and objectives. Plans and assesses goals in conjunction with the Director of Quality and Infection Control Committee to reduce and control the risk of healthcare associated infections.
• Conducts detailed analyses and routine environment of infection control outcomes and using the information to formulate an annual risk assessment and infection control plan.
• Conducts routine and ongoing analyses and surveillance of potential and actual infections for all inpatients. Entered related outcomes in appropriate data bases.
• Prepares and presents surveillance reports to designated committees, including but not limited to Infection Control Committee, Quality Assurance Performance Improvement Committee, Patient Safety and Quality Standards Committee.
• Conducts prospective prevalence studies periodically to evaluate surveillance system effectiveness.
• Identifies and promptly reports epidemiological variations in level of disease to the Chairperson of the Infection Control Committee and implements recommendations for prevention and control.
• Inspects and observes personnel activities to detect possible infection hazards and to evaluate compliance with standards set by the Infection Control Committee.
• Actively participates and serves as a member of the committee responsible for the evaluation of products and Environment of Care Committee.
• Collaborates with Employee Health Service in following up on all infection in hospital employees and assists in the development of employee health programs.
• Notifies the applicable Department of Health and appropriate authorities for all reportable communicable disease.
• Reviews construction and renovation documents to develop recommendations to reduce patient risk.
• Hard worker, Resilient and Manages Change well, Social candidates
• Scrub Colors: Royal Blue
Email your resume & details: email@example.com
For more details, please contact:
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Divensi 2018